Now, more than ever, Americans rely on high speed broadband in nearly every aspect of their lives and Charter is committed to ensuring our more than 29 million customers maintain reliable access to the online resources and information they want and need.
Educators, who live in a Spectrum market and do not currently have broadband, should contact Spectrum at 1-844-488-8395 to sign up. A free self-installation kit will be provided to new student and educator households.
- Charter is offering free Spectrum Internet and WiFi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students, and now educators, who do not already have a Spectrum Internet subscription.
- Charter continues to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, a high speed broadband program available to eligible low-income households that delivers speeds of 30 Mbps.
- Charter has opened its WiFi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
- Spectrum will not terminate service for residential or small business customers who face difficult economic circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Similarly, Charter will not charge late fees for those customers facing difficult economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- Spectrum News has opened its websites to ensure people have access to news and information.
- Charter has also donated airtime to run 1,000 COVID-19 public service announcement (PSA) spots per week, including on all Spectrum News Networks, for four weeks to our full footprint of 16 million video subscribers and on our digital video and streaming apps. Additionally, Charter will run PSAs for the American Red Cross and other relief organizations.