The Bobcat Fire started on September 6th at 12:21 PM. The fire is located near the Cogswell Dam and West Fork Day Use area. Current acreage is 114,901 and the fire is burning in heavy vegetation in steep, remote terrain with a rapid rate of spread.
Wildfire Relief Fund
- California Community Foundation has supported the immediate relief efforts and long-term recovery of wildfire-impacted communities since 2003 with its California Wildfire Relief Fund.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy offers a California Wildfires Recovery Fund that helps communities prepare for and recover from wildfires.
- The California Fire Foundation provides direct financial assistance to fire victims with its SAVE Fund and also helps firefighters and their families who have experienced losses from wildfires through the California Firefighters Benevolent Fund.
- The Latino Community Foundation operates a Wildfire Relief Fund to support Latino-led grassroots organizations helping families displaced by the current wildfires across all the state of California.
- Women’s Foundation of California: Relief and Resilience Fund is supporting those most at risk including cisgender, trans women and gender nonconforming people, families living in poverty, people of color, elders, undocumented individuals, differently abled people, and those affected by gender-based violence.
- The Red Cross Los Angeles Region provides access to shelter locations, evacuation updates and safety information for residents of L.A. County.
- 211 L.A. County provides timely access to emergency, health and human service information and referrals for L.A. County residents.
- L.A. County Fire Department provides information on shelters, mandatory evacuation orders and other safety information.
- The State of California’s Guide to Disaster Assistance Services for Immigrant Californians provides information on health, housing, emergency supplies, employment and other services available to all Californians, regardless of their immigration status.
- The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services connects residents with a wide range of services and programs targeted specifically at those who have been affected by wildfires.
- TheFederal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides emergency medical, housing and other types of assistance for those affected by disasters.